a few new pictures

I finally got around to take a few updated photos of the house a few weeks ago.  We ended up hosting a family Thanksgiving at our house, which helped get us motivated to finish up a few lingering small projects.

This is the family room, and where we spend most of our time.  As I've mentioned previously, we are waiting on doing anything with the red carpet until we decide if we are raising the floor or not.  The blue chairs are to be recovered at some point as well.  I am also still debating on what to hang on the walls.  The walls are painted though, so we've made some progress.

DSC_0813

This kitchen looks the same as it did when we moved in, but we have plans for the kitchen that we'll hopefully be able to start working on soon... Next up, the dining room:
  DSC_0821

We've painted the walls in here, and managed to hang up a few things.  Our table really isn't idea for the size of the room, but we're trying to make it work.  It's an odd space that will likely change, but it's working for now.  We'd like to update the light fixture soon though.

The living room received the same paint as the other rooms downstairs.  We're still messing around with the furniture arrangement, we might even add on to the ikea sectional.  We don't use this room as often as the family room, but it's nice to have the extra space.  And it's nice to have a working fireplace!  I have a feeling we'll use this room more as Wesley gets older.

DSC_0817










It's an difficult space to photograph, but we decided to paint the half bath a really dark, almost black, gray.  I was hoping the dark color would help get your focus away from the overwhelming amount of "travertine" tile.  At some point I'd like to remove all the tile in this bathroom and start over, but for now, we focused on easy (and inexpensive) updates.  We got a new mirror on craigslist, and I've been shopping around for new lighting.  We'll probably replace the faucet and accessories at some point too.  I framed some vintage postcards from my grandparents to hang on the walls.

DSC_0819

That's all for now.  Wesley's room is actually the most done, but he's always napping in there when I think to take photos.  I'll try to get some updated photos of the bedrooms soon.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

3 Responses to a few new pictures

Unknown said...

Love what you've done. It's a good idea to live with the expensive problems until you sort out just what you want to do. The living room is gorgeous!

lilliasea said...

I found this blog via your 2009 post on 'forever homes'

as a lifetime renovator--or flipper--of 'first time homes' I wanted to congratulate you on showing the love. Sure sometimes its a better idea to pay someone to come in and gut the bath, but if you have the talent--and you DO--be proud and loud. You've got more equity-both sweat and dollars than the other folks. Finally I did what I said I would never do and bought a really BIG house. HUGE mistake. $$$$ all the time. I love your home and what you've done.

Gulf Coast Lanterns said...

Thanks for sharing for such a great blog with us. You made this beneficial with your skill and talent. Know more about Outdoor Gas Lamps just visit the offical website.

search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.