21 days, close enough?

Well, I said we were taking the entire month of January off from working on the house, but tonight I gave in. I think I've forgotten what to do with my free time. Tonight I came home from work, went for a walk with Mike and the dogs, made dinner, ate dinner, watched some tv, and read a book... and it wasn't even 8:00 yet. Over 2.5 hours until I normally go to bed! So I took the downstairs bathroom door off the hinges and set it up in the basement. I probably haven't mentioned the bathroom door yet, but the interior side of the door is yellow. School bus yellow. You know, to match the rest of the bathroom? It's actually quite horrible, when you're in the bathroom with the door shut it's you are completely surrounded by the yellow.

Since I plan on painting the bathroom a color other than yellow, I wanted to strip the paint off the door. The rest of the doors in the house are natural wood, I would like this one to match. Luckily it's only yellow on one side, and it's the only interior door that has been painted. Of course the other doors are stained different colors, but that's another post for another day. Anyway, I only worked on the door for 45 mins (including almost a 1/2 hour of waiting for the stripper to set), but I have at least started the next project!The first pass removed most of the yellow paint, and the second pass removed most of the white primer. I need to go to Lowes to get some better tools, but I'm hoping if I just work on it for an hour here and there, it won't be too bad.

And don't worry, one of us is sticking with the no work in January plan. Mike is very much enjoying playing video games. He did help me carry the door into the basement though :-)

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to 21 days, close enough?

Rachel said...

Nice work! It's becoming clear to me why my dad never let me paint the woodwork in my room...

Unknown said...

A non-yellow door would be a real improvement.

search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.