buffet?

hi blog friends, i need your help!

i just found this on craigslist:
it is a buffet - i've been looking for something to put in our dining room to store serving dishes, table linens, etc. plus our dining room is very empty. i would like to put something in this corner:
question is, does it look too much like our tv stand? i'm not really into matchy-matchy....

i was thinking i'd try to find something on craigslist that i could paint since there are already so many different wood tones in the dining room, but i'm not finding much (at least nothing that is affordable to me right now). i'm not sure how this would look painted though. thoughts? i've emailed the seller to see if we can see it this evening, but nothing has been set up yet.

thanks!


**added later... still trying to contact the seller - i got an email back earlier confirming the dimensions, and now, nothing. might try to call tomorrow. did i mention it is only $40?

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

5 Responses to buffet?

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I think it is great but it is pretty similar to the one in your living room. If you paint it though I think it will look diff enough!

Allison aka Half of VAMH said...

I like that it coordinates but isnt a clone. And painting would certainly be an option but I prefer this specific item unpainted I think?

Update?

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

I think that would look pretty painted, but it would be a shame to do so. Good luck deciding!

Livinia Redlips said...

Paint it!

Rachel said...

Well it's definitely your style. If you paint it I would choose a bright shiny color... but that's just me ;) Or maybe glossy white?

search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.