I'm it!

Wow! I've been tagged! I'm moving up in blogger world, how exciting!

The rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

Here goes...


1. I am from Columbus, Ohio and am a big football fan. I was born and raised a Buckeye and I spend every Saturday in the fall cheering on my team. Mike is a Michigan fan. This is caused some tense moments between us, esp. when OSU plays Michigan... yikes. Good thing that's only once a season :-) When we lived in Columbus we would run errands on Saturday wearing our respective team shirts and would usually receive looks of confusion/pity/horror.

2. Mike and I started dating when we were 14. I know, I know, who does that? Crazy, right? We got engaged right before Christmas in 2005 and married 18 months later in May of 2007.

3. I am afraid of ladders. Well, not really the actual ladder, mostly that one step between the ladder and the roof. This has caused some issues in my profession (architecture) when I've needed to do the final walk-thru inspection of buildings. It's very hard to remain professional when you can't even hold onto the ladder b/c your arms are shaking so much... at my last job they only tried to have me go on the roof once and then I suddenly became in charge of everything on the check list that you could see from the ground :-) Don't worry, I can use a ladder with no problem if I know that I'm staying on the ladder, and I'm not really afraid of heights.


4. I really like to pretend that I can do anything. All.of.the.time. I have a hard time admitting that I can't do something. This is not to be confused with not knowing something, I have no problem admitting that. But if you tell me I can't do something? Watch out. For example - when moving out of our apartment after college graduation, my roommate's dad was watching me pack up my car. He looked at the pile of stuff that I had sitting outside of the car, looked at the space in the car, and loudly declared that there was no possible way it was going to all fit. I turned around, spent about an hour shoving things into the car, waited until he came back outside to see a full car with just a vacuum cleaner sitting outside of it. Then I picked up the vacuum and put it diagonally into a perfectly vacuum shaped spot. So there.

5. As I'm sure that you've already noticed from the pictures, we have 4 pets. So 2 of us... and 4 animals. And, we got them all at about the same time. After college graduation Mike decided that he wanted a dog. He was living at home at the time. His mom, Mike, and I went to look at these golden retriever puppies, and ended up walking away with 2. They were so little, you could hold them both in one hand. Probably less than a month later, I moved into my apartment and quickly discovered that I was lonely. I really wanted a dog, but we couldn't even think of separating the 2 puppies (and since he was still living with his family and was working from home, he was able to take better care of them during the day.) I'd always had cats growing up, so I thought I'd just go look at kittens... same story, I left with 2 kittens. Now we all live together and the cats and dogs actually get along really well.


6. Wow, it's kind of hard to think of 6 random things about yourself... and I feel like I'm writing way too much and no one will actually read all this. So the last thing will be short... um... my favorite food is mac & cheese. Yes, I'm 26 and still love mac & cheese.

As for the 6 people that I'm supposed to tag, I think that everyone I know has already been tagged... so I'm just going to tag Mike since he hasn't posted anything on this blog yet.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to I'm it!

Rachel said...

I feel so educated about you :P

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for playing! I did learn some stuff about you I didn't already know. The part about ladders, and the "I can do anything" bit were a bit of a surprise for me.

search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.