wallpaper tip from the previous owner

Hehe, this morning, while standing in the kitchen waiting for my coffee to brew, I started opening random cabinets to see what kind of shape they were in. In one cabinet, I discovered the following newspaper clipping, left by the previous owner:

I don't know how much of that you can actually read, but basically it's advice on how to keep wallpaper from coming off of the walls. Thanks previous owner, we're super happy that you took extra caution to make sure that the wallpaper is super stuck on the wall :-P

I also found this poem in one of the other cabinets. Unfortunately, Mike and I were never able to meet the owner, but I feel that you can tell a lot about a person just on their house. Even more so if they had lived in it for 50 years! I started smiling when I read this, I think it was probably a perfect description of the owner's attitude about life.

The first couple of lines say:

"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple, with a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me"

Anyway, I'm off to work! Last night we kept working on caulking the woodwork in the living room, tonight will probably be more of the same. Our new table is being delivered next Wednesday, so that is our deadline for having the living room completely painted so we can move furniture around to make space for the table.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.