finally friday

Yay Friday! It's been a looooong week. My job has been pretty slow since I started with my company a year ago, so I'm not really used to working as much as I have the past few weeks. Up until a few weeks ago we were even on a 10% pay and hour cut, meaning I only worked (and got paid for) 36 hours a week instead of 40. That lasted a month or two... and now we're back to normal, plus a lot of overtime. I think I would rather just work a consistent 40 hours :-)

Anyway, we met with the surgical vet this morning, she was really nice and I am confident that she will take good care of Reese. It turns out that the OCD is actually in both of his front legs, it's just a lot worse in the left leg. Because of his seizure, and because we're traveling some in the next month, we decided to wait until the end of June to schedule the surgery. That way, we can watch him over the next month to make sure that he doesn't have any more seizures or problems. The pain medicine he's on (only one kind now) has him back to 95% normal Reese, so hopefully he won't be in too much pain. She did say that it's very rare to discover this in a dog that is 5, it usually comes up with they are a puppy. She also said that it's one of the worst cases she's seen. Poor Reese! I can't believe he's just been living with the pain for so long. I can't wait until he's all better.

Moving on to house stuff... I know you miss reading about house projects! We have someone coming tonight to give us a quote on painting the exterior of our house. We were planning on having the house painted maybe next summer, but a guy with a college painting crew came to our door over the weekend and said he could give us a quote... who knows, if it's less than what I've been thinking (it never is) maybe we'll try to get the house painted this summer instead. That brown trim has got to go! At the very least, it will give us an idea of how much it will cost in the future. We'd paint it ourselves but to get to the soffit you have to put a ladder on the sloped roof of the porch and I just don't think that's something we should be doing...

I'll leave you with one last random story from the week - the other night I was just about to fall asleep when I heard this strange noise coming from the front of our house. It just kept going on, so after a minute I got up to look out the window to see what was going on. Looked down at our yard, nothing. Looked left, nothing. Looked right... nothing. Looked up at the street as I was shutting the curtains and WOW! There was a car ON FIRE across the street right in front of our house. Like action movie explosion fire. The noise was the horn going off I guess. My scream of surprise woke up Mike and we called 911. After another minute the fire trucks came and they were able to put the fire out. I have no idea how or why the car was on fire. There were a couple of guys standing around while the car was burning, really, the whole thing was just strange. Later the same night, I kept hearing more and more fire trucks and just assumed that they were still working on the car fire. I came to work the next morning, checked my email, and realized (had email from neighbor) that the house behind us had been struck by lighting later in the night and was also on fire. Two fires in one night! And on either side of us... Luckily, no one was hurt in either fire, but it was quite the dramatic night! I drove past the car the next morning and it was completely melted, the road has burn marks on it, the grass in that area was burned off... strange.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

4 Responses to finally friday

Rachel said...

Whoa, those fires sound freaky, especially the car! I'm glad nobody got hurt.

Unknown said...

That is really quite terrifying! Glad your home was spared!

Unknown said...

Also glad Reese is feeling a bit better. Hope the surgery goes well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is scary about the fire. I'm glad it didn't spread to anything else.

Good luck with the house painting, I hope you are able to find a good price or are able to do it yourselves. I have a fear of heights and can barely stand to climb to the third step on a ladder.

search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.